Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Laws vary from state to state.
In Washington State, law enforcement agencies are required to follow state and federal guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPLs). Due to the detailed nature involved in conducting these background checks, processing times can take up to 30 days (up to 60 days for applicants residing out of state). You will be notified when all required background checks have been completed.
If you reside within the city of Redmond, or are a resident of another state, you may apply for a CPL at the Redmond Police Department. Residents of other jurisdictions, including those who live in unincorporated Redmond, must apply at their local jurisdiction or for unincorporated Redmond residents, at the King County Sheriff’s Office. You may check to see if your address is within Redmond City Limits HERE. Please verify that your address is within Redmond city limits prior to submitting your application or obtaining fingerprints from a 3rd party vendor. The Redmond Police Department is not responsible for 3rd party fingerprinting fees.
- For an ORIGINAL CPL, You will be required to obtain a fingerprint card from a 3rd party vendor of your choice. Although you are not required to use them, the Redmond Police Department has had success with fingerprints taken by Bellevue Fingerprinting Services. Bellevue Fingerprinting Services will submit your fingerprint card on your behalf. If you choose to use Bellevue Fingerprinting Services, please complete your application on this website prior to having your fingerprints taken, as you will need to provide your Permitium order number to the vendor at your fingerprinting appointment. This allows the vendor to notify us that your fingerprints have been taken, and Redmond Police Department will begin processing your application at that time. Should you choose to use a different vendor, you may still complete your application prior to obtaining your fingerprint card. Redmond Police Department will not begin processing your application until you bring your fingerprint card to the Redmond Police Department Records Unit during normal business hours. An appointment may be required.
- If you are applying for a CPL RENEWAL, you may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL. Fingerprints are not required.
- LATE RENEWAL applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL. Fingerprints are not required.
- If you are a city of Redmond or out of state resident and your Washington State CPL is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may apply for a REPLACEMENT CPL from the Redmond Police Department regardless of where your CPL was originally issued if you are currently a resident in the city of Redmond.
|Type of Permit
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Pistol License.
Please note that this website is optimized for IE 9.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.